What is Raise Rummy?
The Raise Rummy format of the game is very much similar to Points Rummy with the only difference being the increment of points value at regular intervals. The primary objective of this format of the game is scoring points, and the points have monetary benefits associated with them. The game begins with a pre-defined points value which gradually increases during the game upto a pre-defined points value. The player winning the game after making a valid declaration gets all the winning amount.
How to Play Raise Rummy Online
The Raise Rummy format is played between 2 to 5 players with 2 decks of cards (each deck including 2 Jokers).
- The players in this format of the game, play for points and each of the points has a monetary value associated with it called Point Value.
- The primary objective of the game is to make a valid declaration by placing the card in sets and sequences and bringing a minimum point amount to the table.
- The game starts with a toss between the players which decides who will play the first move.
- Each of the players on the table is given 13 cards each, dealt randomly.
- There are two decks on the table, namely the open deck and the closed deck. The cards from the closed deck are placed in a manner that their face value is not visible, whereas the face value of cards from the open deck is visible easily.
- The players are required to arrange all the 13 cards in valid sets and sequences by picking or discarding cards from either of the decks wherein there should at least 1 pure sequence and a total of 2 sequences.
- The points value increases after all the players on the table have played their turn, upto a pre-defined maximum value.
- There can be two types of Jokers in the game. One is the printed joker from the 2 decks, and the other is a wild-joker which is any random card picked as a joker at the starting of the game.
- The players can use one or more jokers to complete their sets and sequences before making a declaration.
- The players need to arrange all the 13 cards in valid sets and sequences meeting all the requirements and then move the extra card to the finish slot for making a declaration.
Scoring in Raise Rummy
The first player to make a valid declaration after meeting the game objectives is declared as the winner of the game. The winner is given 0 points.
The player losing the game gets points equal to the hand score which is counted as per the point value of their cards, in accordance with the following points:
- J, Q, K, and A cards of any suit account to 10 points each
- The rest of the cards from the deck have points equal to their face value
- The Joker cards have a point value equal to zero
- The points for the losing player are counted as by adding the points for cards not grouped in any set or sequence
- In case there is no pure sequence with the losing player, all the cards are counted
- In case, the player has only a Pure sequence, then, the points for only the Pure sequence will not be counted.
- The maximum number of points that a player can get is 80. In case the losing player’s score is more than 80 then also he’ll get only 80 points
- In case a player misses 3 consecutive turns, the player is automatically dropped from the table with a score of 40 points.
- In case a player declares the game without meeting the objectives, he loses the game and is given 80 points.
- In case a losing player on the table hasn’t had his first turn before any of its opponents make a valid declaration, the points of such player shall be counted as half of his score.
- In an event both the players on a table have "0" point, then, the player declaring second will lose the game & will be given 2 points 'by default.'
Any player participating in the game can receive a maximum of 80 points only. In a case the losing player has a score of 90 at the time of declaration, the player will only be given 80 points. Any other score below 80 points is awarded as it is.
In case of a cash contest, the winning player gets all the winning amount at the end of the contest. However, in case of a practice contest, the winner gets chips. The winning amount or chips are calculated as:
Winnings = (Points of the opponent) X (Point Value at which the game was finished) – Platform Fees
- Each of the players on the table is allowed to drop the game in their turn, throughout the game duration.
- n order to drop the game, it is important that the player must have not picked any card from the open or the closed deck.
- There are three types of drops, and each of them has a different point value
- First Drop - In case the player drops the game in its first turn it is considered as first drop and the player is given 20 points.
- Middle Drop - In case the player drops the game after playing the first turn, it is considered as Middle drop and the player is given 40 points.
- Special Case - In case any player misses three consecutive turns, it is automatically dropped from the game, and the player is given points for the middle drop.
How is Raise Rummy played on MyTeamRummy?
Raise Rummy is played with a pre-decided point value.
For playing Raise Rummy on MyTeamRummy platform, follow these steps:
- Login in to your account.
- Select a type of game which you want to play, i.e. pay-to-play or practice.
- Further select Raise Rummy, maximum raise limit, number of players and start the game.
How is the scoring done in Raise Rummy?
In Raise Rummy, scoring is done by the following means:
- Each card carries a fixed number of points.
- The losing player gets the points equal to his/her leftover card value.
- Cards like J, Q, K, A of any suit carries 10 points each. And the remaining suit cards carry the value equal to their face value.
What are the maximum points a player can get?
- A player can get a maximum of 80 points.
- If a player scores more than 80 points, then only 80 points are given to the player.
- And if a player gets less than 80 points, then that points are given to the player.
How are winnings calculated in Raise Rummy?
In Raise Rummy, the winnings are calculated by considering the following formula:
- Winnings = (Points of the opponent) x (Point Value at which the game was finished) – MyTeamRummy Platform Fees
How does the drop option work?
he player can drop the game at any instance. The drop points are given based on the time of the drop.
- For the first drop, 20 points are given to the player.
- For the middle drop, 40 points are given to the player.
- If any player misses three consecutive chances, then the player is automatically called off from the game with points of middle drop.