What is Points Rummy?
Points Rummy is one of the most popular formats of the game wherein the contestants play for points with an already defined rupee value. The primary objective of this format of the game is to make a valid declaration with “0” points. The individual making the fastest declaration with 0 points wins the game.
How to Play Points Rummy Online
Points Rummy on MyTeamRummy is played with 2 decks of cards (each deck comprising of 2 Printed Jokers) between 2 to 6 players (depending on the player’s preference). To play Points Rummy, each player needs to take care of the below points:
- The game is played for points that have a pre-defined rupee value.
- The objective of this game is to bring down the points score to “0” by arranging the cards in valid sets and sequences.
- The game starts with a toss between the players, and the winner of the toss decides which player will make the first move.
- All the players are given 13 cards each on a random basis.
- Apart from the dealt cards, there are two decks, one open and one closed.
- The first card from the pack is placed in the open deck to mention the beginning of the game.
- A joker is randomly picked at the beginning of the game. There can be a printed Joker and a wild joker (picked at the beginning of the game).
- The players playing the game take turns to pick or discard cards from the open or the closed deck to make valid sets and sequences.
- One or more Joker can be used for completing a set or sequence.
- After putting all the 13 cards in valid sets and sequences, the player can finish the game by putting the extra card in the finish slot.
- To finish a game, a player must make a valid declaration wherein there should be 2 sequences out of which 1 one needs to be a pure sequence.
The player making a valid declaration after meeting the game objectives is declared as the winner of the game. The winner is given 0 points.
The player losing the game gets points equal to the hand score which is counted as per the point value of their cards, in accordance with the following points:
- J, Q, K, A of any suit carry 10 points each
- The rest of the cards from the deck carry points equal to their face value.
- The Joker cards have a point value equal to zero.
- The points for the losing player are counted as by adding the points for cards not grouped in any set or sequence.
- In case there is no pure sequence with the losing player, all the cards are counted
- In case the losing player has only a pure sequence, then only the points for the pure sequence are not counted
- The maximum number of points that a player can get is 80. In case the losing player’s score is more than 80 then also he’ll get only 80 points.
- In case a player misses 3 consecutive turns, the player is automatically dropped from the table with a score of 40 points.
- In case a player declares the game without meeting the objectives, he loses the game and is given 80 points.
- In an event both the players on a table have "0" point, then, the player declaring second will lose the game & will be given 2 points 'by default.'
- In case, the player has only a Pure sequence, then, the points for only the Pure sequence will not be counted.
Any player participating in the game can receive a maximum of 80 points only. In a case the losing player has a score of 90 at the time of declaration, the player will only be given 80 points. Any other score below 80 points is awarded as it is.
In case of a cash contest, the winning player gets all the winning amount at the end of the contest. However, in case of a practice contest, the winner gets chips. The winning amount or chips are calculated as:
Winnings = (Sum of points of all opponents) X (Rupee-value of the point) – Platform Fees
- Each of the players on the table is allowed to drop the game in their turn, throughout the game duration.
- In order to drop the game, it is important that the player must have not picked any card from the open or the closed deck.
- There are three types of drops, and each of them has a different point value
- First Drop - In case the player drops the game in its first turn it is considered as first drop and the player is given 20 points
- Middle Drop - In case the player drops the game after playing the first turn, it is considered as Middle drop and the player is given 40 points.
- Special Case - In case any player misses three consecutive turns, it is automatically dropped from the game, and the player is given points for the middle drop.