What is Points Rummy?
Points Rummy is one of the most popular formats of the game wherein the contestants play for points with an already defined rupee value. The primary objective of this format of the game is to make a valid declaration with “0” points. The individual making the fastest declaration with 0 points wins the game.
How to Play Points Rummy Online
Points Rummy on MyTeamRummy is played with 2 decks of cards (each deck comprising of 2 Printed Jokers) between 2 to 6 players (depending on the player’s preference). To play Points Rummy, each player needs to take care of the below points:
- The game is played for points that have a pre-defined rupee value.
- The objective of this game is to bring down the points score to “0” by arranging the cards in valid sets and sequences.
- The game starts with a toss between the players, and the winner of the toss decides which player will make the first move.
- All the players are given 13 cards each on a random basis.
- Apart from the dealt cards, there are two decks, one open and one closed.
- The first card from the pack is placed in the open deck to mention the beginning of the game.
- A joker is randomly picked at the beginning of the game. There can be a printed Joker and a wild joker (picked at the beginning of the game).
- The players playing the game take turns to pick or discard cards from the open or the closed deck to make valid sets and sequences.
- One or more Joker can be used for completing a set or sequence.
- After putting all the 13 cards in valid sets and sequences, the player can finish the game by putting the extra card in the finish slot.
- To finish a game, a player must make a valid declaration wherein there should be 2 sequences out of which 1 one needs to be a pure sequence.
The player making a valid declaration after meeting the game objectives is declared as the winner of the game. The winner is given 0 points.
The player losing the game gets points equal to the hand score which is counted as per the point value of their cards, in accordance with the following points:
- J, Q, K, A of any suit carry 10 points each
- The rest of the cards from the deck carry points equal to their face value.
- The Joker cards have a point value equal to zero.
- The points for the losing player are counted as by adding the points for cards not grouped in any set or sequence.
- In case there is no pure sequence with the losing player, all the cards are counted
- In case the losing player has only a pure sequence, then only the points for the pure sequence are not counted
- The maximum number of points that a player can get is 80. In case the losing player’s score is more than 80 then also he’ll get only 80 points.
- In case a player misses 3 consecutive turns, the player is automatically dropped from the table with a score of 40 points.
- In case a player declares the game without meeting the objectives, he loses the game and is given 80 points.
- In an event both the players on a table have "0" point, then, the player declaring second will lose the game & will be given 2 points 'by default.'
- In case, the player has only a Pure sequence, then, the points for only the Pure sequence will not be counted.
Any player participating in the game can receive a maximum of 80 points only. In a case the losing player has a score of 90 at the time of declaration, the player will only be given 80 points. Any other score below 80 points is awarded as it is.
In case of a cash contest, the winning player gets all the winning amount at the end of the contest. However, in case of a practice contest, the winner gets chips. The winning amount or chips are calculated as:
Winnings = (Sum of points of all opponents) X (Rupee-value of the point) – Platform Fees
- Each of the players on the table is allowed to drop the game in their turn, throughout the game duration.
- In order to drop the game, it is important that the player must have not picked any card from the open or the closed deck.
- There are three types of drops, and each of them has a different point value
- First Drop - In case the player drops the game in its first turn it is considered as first drop and the player is given 20 points
- Middle Drop - In case the player drops the game after playing the first turn, it is considered as Middle drop and the player is given 40 points.
- Special Case - In case any player misses three consecutive turns, it is automatically dropped from the game, and the player is given points for the middle drop.
How to play Points Rummy on MyTeamRummy?
Points Rummy is one of the fastest and simplest Rummy variant. It is quite popular among online rummy game players and can be enjoyed on MyTeamRummy with great ease. All you have to do is:
- Download the MyTeamRummy app.
- Login/sign up with MyTeamRummy platform.
- After that, select a contest type from pay-to-play or practice contests.
- Then select points rummy as the preferred variant and start playing.
- If you want to know more about how to play Points Rummy, Rules and regulations of the gameplay, check our "how to play Points Rummy" page.
What is the maximum limit of points a player can get?
In points rummy, a player can get maximum of 80 points. Suppose, if a player has a score of more than 80 points like 85 or 90, he/she will still get only 80 points and not more than that. However, in case the player’s score is less than 80 points like 75 points then in such case, he/she will be given 75 points.
What can I win in a game of Points Rummy on MyTeamRummy?
- The one who makes a valid declaration first is declared as the winner of the game and is given 0 points.
- The winning player will get winnings as real prize amount in the pay-to-play type of contest.
- If a player is playing on the practice tables, he/she will win the chips on the practice table.
How are winnings calculated in Points Rummy?
The winnings in Points Rummy are calculated on the basis of following formula:
- Winnings = (Sum of all points that opponents get) x (Rupee value of the point) - MyTeamRummy platform fees.